Monday, November 28, 2011

Werewolf Green

Here is my Werewolf Green deck:


This deck is really just a big green dude deck that doesn't always have big green dudes. I put a single mountain in for Daybreak Ranger, the fight ability is just to cool when she is transformed. Getting the red mana is not an issue with the four Rampant Growth.

Creeping Renaissance is a sleeper, I think. Against control, it is nice to let them kill off your creatures and then you bring them right back into you hand. If they sweep again, you can flashback and get them back another time. This is exactly the kind of play that creature aggro decks need. The mana cost is not really prohibitive, because this is a mid-game to late-game card.

Green Sun's Zenith (GSZ) is cool and works well in the deck. Since most of your creatures are 3 or less, getting what you need is easy. I used GSZ to pull my Grizzled Outcasts against burn and Gatstaf Shepherd against a artifact goblin deck. The outcasts at 4/4 are safe from most burn and I needed a blocker early against the goblins. Full Moon's Rise and Moonmist are the key cards, as they were in the Red/Green version.

Overall I don't really like the play of this deck. Too little interaction and too little ability to punch through. Trample is nice when you have a Full Moon's Rise out, but aside from that chump blocking is easy and although we have some beefy creatures (when transformed), much of the time they are only marginal.It's not really fast and it doesn't have the punch of the first werewolf deck. So this one, along with the Mono-Red version have to sit it out for now.

Next I am going to look at a Red/Black or Green/Black version and see if I can come up with something a little more competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment