Thursday, December 22, 2011

Myr Reservoir

This picture is of a bell mouth spillway in Ladybower Reservoir, Derbyshire, England. Here is the page I found it on if you would like to see some more pictures and read about it. 

Dictionary.com defines reservoir as follows. 




The 5th definition is the one in mind for the card I am going to examine tody, Myr Reservoir.




Lets look at this card. CMC of 3, so it is not particularly difficult to cast. Tap to add 2 mana that is restricted to Myr. 3 and Tap to return a Myr card from graveyard to hand.

The Myr restriction allows this card's abilities to be used only if the card has a sub-type of Myr, so Myr Reservoir is not a Myr card. Myr Turbine also is not a Mry card so this card can't be used to cast Myr Turbine. I only mention Myr Turbine because it might work for this deck, but I don't have it in this iteration. I have seen it with one of my other favorites: Parallel Lives.

Unlike the tear I have been on lately, this is not a token deck, but you can make a few tokens. Ok, enough of the stalling, here is the first iteration of the Myr Reservior deck.



I played against someone the other day who had Shimmer Myr, Myr Reservior, Palladium Myr, Myr Battlesphere, and Myrsmith. That's all I saw from their deck and I was inspired. So I put this together to see how it would work out. I am surprised at the amount non-Myr creatures I put in, but it seems to help.

Ardent Recruit was in some of the Tempered Steel decks before New Phyrexia. A 3/3 for 1 is great and metalcraft should be easy enough. The single Auriok Sunchaser is along the same lines, a 3/3 flyer for 2 is not bad. I cut 3 of her to put in more land, however, now she is a single. Shimmer Myr is there to give you some surprise and let you flash out the Palladium, Galvanizer, or Battlesphere at the end of the turn or as a combat trick. The Spellbombs are nothing new. I have seen Myrsmith and spellbombs make a lot of tokens in the past year, this is no exception. 


The concept is simple, it is an aggressive deck with Myr. The Battlesphere is the finisher, but you can win with a few tokens and a the Galvanizer.

 Myr Superion is also pretty good if you can use the Palladium Myr to get him out. You can punch through with the big guy and bring him back from the graveyard with the Reservoir again and again. Each time you re-cast him make sure to put the token from the Myrsmith into play also. Apparently there are many tokens to choose from....





That is all for now, let me know what you think and how it plays. 


No comments:

Post a Comment